Sunday, June 28, 2015

Dead Tree Walking


"I came from Paradise lost, would you walk with me?"

Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature - School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid with Ms Melly C Tenorio

738 DZRB AM, 8 to 9 evening class Mon to Fri


Limb of a dead tree resembling a headless
human figure, EspaƱa, Manila 2007


I am the ghost that walks
from a forest before;
I am the conscience of man
sleeping in its core.

I am the memory

from the distant past;
lost among the throng,
living in the dust.

I came from Paradise lost,

orphaned by the first sin;
the hands that cared for me
can't now be seen.

I long for a heaven, too,

a gift of being good and true,
but if heaven is only for man
I did serve him through.

But I am a ghost now.

Would man join me for a walk
to tell the world the story
of a once mighty oak? ~

No comments:

Post a Comment