Monday, January 11, 2016

"Bring home the rainbow, Papa."


Dr Abe V Rotor
Kulit plays with the rainbow at home.
A piece of rainbow spills on the floor like magic carpet.
Prism splits light into seven colors - the rainbow's secret.

I am no Atlas or Hercules,
neither have one another's wit,
nor Thor who sends the rain
or a storm in his fit.

To bring home the rainbow
for my children's sake,
by lens or words to escape,
would be sin if I fake.

Once I brought home a firefly.
Here is a a star, I said;
and through the night it watched
over them in their bed.

Once I brought home the sun
in a bouquet of sunflower;
And the moon in yellow melon,
the sea, in a queer puffer.

Bring home the rainbow, Papa.
That was a long time ago,
a promise I have not fulfilled -
what now at sunset's glow? 

Suddenly the sun came through
a prism by its magic drew
a cathedral in the sky I knew.
Papa, you brought home the rainbow!

 Rainbow over Bamban, Tarlac
 Fantasy rainbow in cartoons and fairy stories
A double rainbow, not an unusual phenomenon

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Icumsa healthy sugar

    ReplyDelete