Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nature Verses Series 10 - Children see the world through a kaleidoscope

In art, if you go abstract you lose reality.
How can I paint spirituality and beauty?

Dr Abe V Rotor


Children see the world through a kaleidoscope,
In a thousand thoughts that blend
What they dream and what they hope.

Hush, hush.
Suddenly the world became still.
Gone is the lark in the sky and raven on the sill
While the rivers and rivulets run dry,
Orphaned from the river high;
Wouldn’t Heaven rather send a sigh,
Than somewhere the young ones cry?
I say retreat in recreation 

Spelled re-creation.




I know now why there
is a magic carpet that flies,
For I am witness to a boat
filled with children
In make-believe flotilla
filling the seas,
Calling each other, brother,
in joyful peace,

The bamboo I cut is not really mine,
This giant grass, a reed sublime;
In the wind it rings a sweet old chime,
Into a song sans words and rhyme.

Haven’t I dug the anthill where it once stood?
If termites live on dead wood
Where do they get their food?
Ah, from roots - dead roots of the tree I pruned.

You are alone at your lowest ebb.
At low tide the sea reveals her shore
That bathes under the sun to its edge.
Go to the sea and learn its chore.

Keen are our senses at the bend
Keener they are at the end.


Acknowledgement: Internet photos

No comments:

Post a Comment