Friday, December 28, 2018

I asked God for more

New Year's Reflection
Dr Abe V Rotor


 
Virgin Forest: only 3 percent is left in the Philippines. Requiem to a forest, Brooke's Point, Palawan

I asked God for food, clothing and shelter
      and He showered me
these necessities I can not live without -

      they are the Earth's bounty;
I settled down on fertile hills and valleys
      and multiplied freely.

I asked God for power to boost my strength,
      and He gave me energy;
I leveled the mountains, dammed the rivers
      and conquered the sea;
raped the forests, prairies, lakes and estuaries,
      a world I wanted to be.

I asked God if I can be god, too, all knowing
      with my technology;
broke the sacred code of life and of matter,
      changed the Great Story;
annihilated life unfit in my own design,
      and set my own destiny.

I asked God if He is but a creation of the mind,
      and rose from my knee;
probed space, rounding up the universe,
      aiming at immortality;
bolder than ever, searching for another home,
      and wanting to be free. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment