Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tunnel Windows to Heaven

In loving memory of the late Rev Msgr Benjamin Advincula. 
Episcopal Vicar for the Clergy, Archdiocese of Capiz, 
and Parish Priest of  Santa Monica
Dr Abe V Rotor



Daybreak, I ask what lies beyond the wall,  and a whisper 
came through, what goes in there. 

And the view  
I see is the same though, 
yet a vine across the window 
is calling, hello! 



Walls, walls, walls, I complain. 
Windows, windows the sun and wind in refrain.

One window is blocked 
with the machine of a clock
that had long stopped.  
Tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac 


Here's one bright morning, ah, but another game, 
yet a holy name I hear to learn to say, Amen.  


I see heaven through a keyhole,
and myself whole; 
I wish to reach it, but the key isn't mine
And neither time.

Acknowledgment: Santa Monica church; Rev Msgr Benjamin Advincula
Episcopal Vicar for the Clergy, Archdiocese of Capiz, 


and Parish Priest of  Santa Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment