Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Nature Verses Series 9 - "In art, if you go abstract you lose reality. How can I paint spirituality and beauty?"

Paintings and Verses by Dr Abe V Rotor



There is nothing greater than man’s quest
To create a world of his own in its best;
His faculties – sapiens, faber and ludens
Take the stage mindless of place and age.

If my life is to be lived with love,
learned and shared in one way or many;
If through others it is seen this way above,’
Then I shall have left a legacy.


In art, if you go abstract you lose reality.
How can I paint spirituality and beauty?
It is collective memory of which I am a part
That writes my life’s story when I depart.



It is always the big fish that got away,
Is an old story. Lo, to the innocent prey.
It is not only suffering that ennobles character,
but joy and happiness, too.


Love is sweeter after pain
And perhaps never sweeter again

Like a tree untested by storm, its idle roots are shallow
Its branches lanky, its unseasoned limb hollow.

Make believe growth and prosperity;
A vessel sounds louder when empty.

Melodies in the air, we capture;
Melodies in the heart, we keep;
Unsung melodies in rapture,
Sought and failed, we weep.

Through these rocks I see faintly a fisherman;
Standing all alone at the edge of the sea;
And I, imagining myself in his place,
I am in touch with my Creator,
Full of life and.free.

Nectar attracts the bees, vinegar lures the flies;
rides on the breeze to where a hungry lies.

One day God saw the hills bald,
Stirred into dust or mud.
God sent Ceres to the farmer and said,
"Make him a shepherd instead.”

One little smoke tells the difference;
A faint pulse is life’s precious reference.

Only good wine grows mellow with age;
So does a good man grow into a sage.

The sail must catch the wind;
And like a bird the boat glides free;
For nothing, nothing is more fearful
Than doldrums in the middle of the sea.



There are creatures destined to live best in the wild,
Where everything is so little, others barely thrive.


In seeing our past we find little to share,
If the past is the present we're living in.

In abstract art you lose reality;
How then can I paint truth and beauty?

Brick wall, brick roof, brick stair,
Glisten in the rain, dull in summer air.

Lost time, lost opportunity and lost gain,
like passing wind that may not come again.

Who sees silver lining of clouds dark and bold
seeks not at rainbow's end a pot of gold.

Walk, don't run, to see better and to know
the countryside, Mother Nature and Thou.~

No comments:

Post a Comment