Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The power of the third eye and eighth sense. Can you tell what are these creatures?


Dr Abe V Rotor
I cling to the leaves on the nether side, gnawing for a living on its edible part, and make a shingle out of it which I carry on my back, then transfer nearby for the next meal, and another shingle, until I look like a pagoda sans base, moving from place to place; then I stop and rest, I remain in stupor. then metamorphose leaving my domain - if I am male, I have wings to fly away and mate. Lo! to the female it is wingless and waits for me for a brief romance, then she withdraws into temple now a maternal nest, and our life cycle is complete.  What am I? 
   
Obnoxious I look and smell no one dares to get near, much less to pick me neither by beak nor tongue, for my enemies are few, so my friends - if I know; you see, if you are ugly and dirty no one bothers you, like anyone else not excluding some humans; but in my case Nature designed me this way, and she thinks I'm beautiful, to me it is a gift of life; surviving a cruel world. I rest now and someday I'll metamorphose into something beautiful in the eyes of man, so beautiful and dainty no one will ever ask what I was before. What am I?
Answers: Cryptothelea heckmeyeri Heyl (pagoda bagworm), will metamorphose into a moth; Papilio alphenol caterpillar on citrus leaves, will metamophose into a butterfly.  Bothe belong to Order Lepidoptera.

No comments:

Post a Comment