Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Photography: Creating Images in the Sky

"Do you believe in angels?"
Dr Abe V Rotor 
Photography is full of wonders. Walang patsamba-tsamba (no hit-and-miss) is not true after all. These photos were not preset or planned. With the digital camera today, anything that sheds light is within the capability of the digital system to capture, whether fixed or moving. Photography today is "creating images," but mostly by chance, and readiness. Beyond that, it's luck. I say, it's providence. What with an empty sky in complete darkness of night, and here is an image no one would expect to come out in picture. I remember a part in a documentary, Dying for the Story, when a photojournalist asked a fellow photojournalist, "Do you believe in angels?"

Do you believe in angels?

I Reach for the Stars

If by light years I am touched by the stars,
me a visitor just passing;
let me in spirit travel and pay in return,
to share my own world's blessing.~

No comments:

Post a Comment