Thursday, September 21, 2017

"What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love." Message of Steve Jobs, founder of Apple


"Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends… Treat yourself well. Cherish others.” - Steve Jobs

Dr Abe V Rotor

The last words of Steve Jobs were read on Good Friday, March 25, 2016, by Bishop Emeritus Teodoro Cruz Bacani, Jr. as a reference of his homily in expounding Christ's last and final words, "Into your hands I commend my spirit." How relevant are the parting words of Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, billionaire and epitome of success?

Steve Jobs represents millions and millions of young people who pursue their chosen careers, strive for excellence, seek fortune and the Good Life in an era inexplicably termed                      postmodernism. But it is not only the young but the grownups as well who pursue endlessly and insatiably these goals invariably set by our society. Many fail to reach them, give up their dreams, and stop on the track of life.     

It is at this juncture when and where we need role models so that we can continue on living - with resolve and meaning. We look up to great men and women who inspire humanity by their noble works and their words of goodness and wisdom, often on their deathbeds, and from others, after they are gone.

This fact of life is a torch that keeps vigil in the dark phases of history that brightens hope when it dims in tragedy and disorder. For all we know our present world is being besieged ironically by crises in the midst of progress and plenty, of scientific breakthroughs and economic gains, and in the process "shrinking the world into a global village," which we call globalization. 

Steve Jobs did foresee these.  He was way, way ahead of us in his ideas. He was among those who "wired" the world, so to speak, through his inventions and discoveries to conquer cyberspace.  On his deathbed he realized that the greatest thing he could bequeathed to mankind, is neither honor and prestige nor wealth he acquired, but that universal and greatest thing in life, and more than life itself - LOVE.  It was his greatest hour when he said…  

"God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth. The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me. What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love."



Last Words of Steve Jobs 
By conspiracyclub -

Nov 12, 2015

I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world.

In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success…

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.

In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds. I can feel the breath of God and of death drawing closer…

Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth…

Should be something that is more important:

Perhaps relationships, perhaps art, perhaps a dream from younger days …

Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me.

God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.

The wealth I have won in my life I cannot bring with me.

What I can bring is only the memories precipitated by love.

That’s the true riches which will follow you, accompany you, giving you strength and light to go on.

Love can travel a thousand miles. Life has no limit. Go where you want to go. Reach the height you want to reach. It is all in your heart and in your hands.

What is the most expensive bed in the world? – “Sick bed” …

You can employ someone to drive the car for you, make money for you but you cannot have someone to bear the sickness for you.

Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”.

When a person goes into the operating room, he will realize that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading – “Book of Healthy Life”.

Whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure Love for your family, love for your spouse, love for your friends…

Treat yourself well. Cherish others.” ~
-----------------------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment